We had a really nice Christmas down in Buckeye with Joel's family. We always feel so blessed and so fortunate after Christmas to able to be with family and to receive so much.
Preston got all of his favorite things for Christmas, a Buzz Lightyear, a couple of trains, a bulldozer all from Santa, and a tractor from Grandma and Grandpa John.
Here is Preston with his cousins, Tessa, and Maci on Christmas morning!Unfortunately, some sad things happened when we were down there. Joel's grandpa passed away the day after Christmas, but we were so lucky to be able to see him before he passed. He was 88 years old and had lived a great life. He was such a great grandpa and a good man.

It was a beautiful funeral and graveside. Here is a picture of all of the grandsons carrying the casket. I thought it was a beautiful sight, how they were all in white shirts and ties.
I also celebrated my 27th birthday on Dec. 30th! Man that sounds old! Joel and I were able to go out to dinner, which was so nice to be out together just the two of us. We went to Outback Steakhouse, one of my all time favorites! It was sooo good too!
This is after dinner, I had already changed into my pj's. Joel sang Happy Birthday and surprised me with a yummy, beautiful, chocolate cake. It was a really nice birthday!
1 comment:
Hi. I am the poophead that did not wish you a happy birthday in any form. I'm glad it was good and I will do better next year I hope. I hope all goes well with the delivery of your little nubbin' (as my nephew would say) and that he comes quickly and early. Love you. --rj
Post a Comment