Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Movie Critique!


It has been a while since this movie came out, but Joel heard from a friend that it was good and so we rented it last night. It was the movie, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." I had heard reviews from people before seeing it, the reviews were " it was a strange movie, it was a long movie" so my opinion was tampered before seeing it. I must say though that I started the movie with an open heart and I was very surprised by the movie. A few things that surprised me were that it was really clean for an Oscar nominated movie. It had an interesting plot and I really enjoyed Benjamin's story. Although some parts of the movie were sad when he begins to turn young and his life changes, but overall I really liked the movie and it left me with feelings of wonder, of happiness, appreciation, and gratitude for my life, my home and my family.
Sidenote: Joel read this and said I was being too serious, so I just want to say that we had not rented a movie in a long time and we liked this one.

2 comments:

Melissa Johnson said...

I completely agree! Most people I talked to who saw it didn't like it much but I loved it! It produced those same feelings for me. I also felt a sense of overwhelming gratitude for all the people in our life, of any age or color. Thanks for posting the review!

camilla said...

Oh, John and I totally loved this movie. It was so good. We just rented "The Soloist" last night, It has Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx in it, you can look up what it's about. It totally exceeded our expectations. And since Joel is a musical kind of guy, he should like the movie, since it has lots of music!
the end!