I know it has been four months since my last update and I can't believe how fast life goes! Halloween came and went. We had a blast this year carving pumpkins, going trunk or treating and trick or treating with the boys. We went with Jordan and Shari and their kids. The kids got so much candy! I couldn't believe it! The neighborhood next to ours had a spooky house and P actually went inside. What a brave little man! I went inside too and it freaked me out. I screamed and ran out!! haha! The boys still ask about the scary house. It's funny how much they remember.
Early in November I had the great opportunity to go to Time Out for Women. It starts on Friday night and goes all day on Saturday. Deseret Book sponsors it and has guest speaker and singers come. I got to go with my mom and sisters. It is such an uplifting weekend and truly strengthens me everytime I go! I feel so grateful to be able to afford to go and have it be in Phoenix, really close. I feel so close to my family and the Savior after attending this event. Macy Robson was the musical guest on Friday night and she sang a song called, "Grateful" and that is truly how I felt after the conference. It is such a wonderful feeling to have.
Thanksgiving was grand! We went to my brother's house for yummy, delicious food and got to see all of my siblings and their kids. I had a wonderful time, visiting, and eating!
I want to say the beginning of September, we were able to go and find out what we are having and see the baby. It was such a fun time seeing the baby! I was anxious to see how the baby was doing. We found out we are having......a GIRL!!! It is hard for me to write "the baby." I want to call her "she" and "her". We have picked her name already. After writing about 30 names down that I liked for Joel. He picked about 6. He was fond of one name in particular and that was "Sage." We had known the cutest little girl with that name. He had even liked the name years before and I remember he did. So we both agreed that would be her name. Sage Michelle. I am pretty sure of it! I am now 32 weeks and very ready to meet her and hold her. Maybe she will come early! Wouldn't that be awesome?! I would love that. I am getting to that point of exhaustion.
Christmas is coming fast enough. Joel put up our lights outside and they look gorgeous and we put up our tree for Family Home Evening. The boys LOVED getting out the ornaments and hanging them on the tree. P was especially excited, every ornament he would ask, "Is it mine?" It was so cute! This year I got them both a tractor ornament with their name and year so they would have their own. Each year I want to do that as a tradition. My mom has given me some old ornaments of mine when I was young, and some from places that she has traveled and I love them! They are dear to me. I would like to do that for my children also.
I can't wait to see their faces Christmas morning, it will be a great Christmas! I am looking forward to it so much! This time of the year is so magical for me. I love everything about it.
4 comments:
It's good hear how your family is doing. I love doing ornaments for my kids too. They get to pick a new one out each year so they'll have about 18 or so by the time they leave home for their own trees. It is so fun to see what they pick and I think it will be funny to them later, too.
Halloween was fun with you guys! :) Christmas will be fun but you guys wont be with us this year! Have fun! :)I cant wait to see Sage! :)
I'm glad you posted again. I felt so bad about missing your shower. Your gift is sitting on my desk and reminding me to bring it to you! Hopefully before you have your little sweetheart.
Yeah!!!! I am so happy you're having a girl. Love the name and am just overjoyed for you. I love having a girl she is wild and crazy (like her parents). Sage will be a great mixture of the two of you I am sure, just as your boys are.
We need to get together and catch up soon but I know that point of exhaustion too well so we'll more than likely wait until your little one is here and ready for visitors. :)
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment