Potty Training.....Arrrrgh!
So here is my story.
My little three year old starting to get interested in going potty in the toilet, as in number #1, not #2, number#1. So I was so excited and he did really well for the most part, except for going the bathroom in his underwear everytime I put them on. So we decided to try pull-ups and he did really well for awhile. We ran out of pull-ups and we started to put him in diapers again. We also went out of town and he went to the bathroom one time at Grandma's. Then we got back home and he has maybe gone twice since we got back. I am just struggling with this, because everytime I ask him if he wants to go, or I say, "let's go potty!" in my really excited voice, he says, "no" or "I don't want to." uuugh! I thought we were making progress, not the other way around. He knows how to go and he had a desire at one time. So what's the problem?? I don't get it, maybe I should wait until winter when he is trapped inside all day long and then we can focus on the potty? who knows?? If anybody has any potty training success stories PLEASE share! I need some help!
1 comment:
What (kind of) worked for me was the book, "Toilet Training in Less than a Day." It didn't happen in that amount of time, but the concept worked. Basically you have the child teach a doll how to pee, and they get excited to do it. Although, it seems he already has the concept down. In the end, after Sammy had the concept down, I just put him in underwear one day and had him clean up the mess every time. He wasn't comfortable in wet underwear, so he finally started going in the toilet. It was rough 'cause I work all day, and I didn't want my mom to have to deal with it. So, yeah. We were indoors on a Saturday, and we basically just did it. The biggest part is you have to devote time to it. Have Joel watch Ethan and just take an entire day to focus on Preston--just you and him. It'll happen. :) Good luck!
Post a Comment